One surprising trend of our times is the openness with which people share strategies and learnings. Through my 366 posts in 2019 that has been one constant source of joy. That’s not all. Whenever I reached out to the writers I almost always found genuine interest to share more.
This article by Kyle Racki, CEO & Co-Founder Proposify is a good place to start 2020 with. Here are his top learnings growing to $10m ARR.
1. Moving to $10m ARR may mean shifting gear in terms of the target market you are addressing ( Small to Medium Enterprise). it is more like building a completely new product.
2. Hiring the right Sales Leader based on where in your business journey you are. A wrong hire can set you back both in time and money.
3. Let early sales hires do everything before you split prospecting from selling. This is where you learn and perfect the pitch.
4. A fast sell may not be a good fit. Slowing down helps.
5. Marketing and Sales need to be one team.
6. Cold calling still works in many cases.
7. Every buyer is Unique.
Kyle obviously goes into a lot of details and actual examples of how they did it. As you ease into Q1 2020 give this post a good read.
Where I learnt this #368
7 Surprising Sales Lessons I Recently Learned About Scaling to $10M ARR