Ryan Barretto is the SVP of Global Sales / Sprout Social. Prior to this as the VP of Global Sales at Pardot where he trebled revenue in two years and saw Salesforce grow from $180mn to ~$7.5bn. Then there is Harry Stebbings who specializes in getting golden nuggets out of his guests. In episode #206 of SaaStr podcast, Ryan shares learnings from his exceptional career in global saas sales :
– Everything goes back to the user experience, you need to nail that first. While gloss and sexy features may get you sign ups, if “… the actual end users hate it” then it is game over.
But, boring as it may sound, what drives killer customer review and word of mouth
– ease of working with from a sales and success standpoint?
– support customers in the channel they want
– support them as fast as they expect?
– and be ease of implementation and use?”
On pricing Ryan outlines 4 basic principles:
- keep it simple and aligned to customer value metrics.
- make sure it stays accessible for small customers.
- make sure it still optimizes for retention and growth.
- use data not your gut.
It is a great listen. Start from 10.30 if you want to get to the segments I referred to above. https://bit.ly/2Wq2ZnN