How do Customers define satisfaction? Which channels do they turn for support? When do they want self-service? Answers to these and other questions were attempted by Groove in their recently published report ”80 Customer Service Statistics” with data sourced from multiple companies and arranged under 8 segments like Customer Satisfaction, Customer Support Channels, Customer Self Service etc.
Here are some selected highlights:
1. 74% of people are likely to switch brands if they find the purchasing process too difficult.- Salesforce
2. More than 6 in 10 U.S. consumers say their go-to channel for simple inquiries is a digital self-serve tool – American Express
3. Only 1 out of 26 unhappy customers complain. The rest churn. Esteban Kolsky
4. An estimated $41 billion is lost by US companies each year following a bad customer experience.- NewVoiceMedia
5. 86% of B2B executives prefer using self-service tools for reordering, over talking to a sales representative. – McKinsey
6. By 2020, customer experience will overtake price and product as the key brand differentiator. – Walker
There is a lot more and you should take a look at the direction the business is headed.
Where I learnt this #422
80 Customer Service Statistics: 8 Lessons to Fuel Growth in 2020 and Beyond