There is this really quick but effective read that I found where Mark Manson the author of Everything Is F*cked: A Book About Hope wrote about how applying Pareto to your life may throw up some surprising results.
Consider these questions he asks :
* What are the 20% of your possessions you get the most value out of?
* What do you spend 20% of your time doing that gives you 80% of your happiness?
* Who are the 20% of people you’re close to who make you the happiest?
* What are the 20% of the clothes you wear 80% of the time?
* What’s the 20% of food you eat 80% of the time?
Obviously it may not be exact 80:20 but some combination thereof. You need to apply it to your work, your relations and emotions and see how you can optimize for happiness.
Give the article a read.