There is no question that you need to hone your marketing game before you start selling at scale. The quality of channel that drives quality traffic is indicated by not only in terms of number of visitors but “in terms of (1) how quickly it can generate leads once you start investing, (2) scalability, and/or (3) potential return on investment (ROI).”
Mike Sonders wrote this very elaborate piece that you should give a go at if you are trying to figure the best channels for SaaS traffic. Traffic that has the potential to convert.
Here are some highlights that emerged from the study that Mike did meticulously analyzing information from 50 public saas companies.
– Organic – Google is still driving 77% of traffic. So SEO is still king.
– Referrals – if you bake referrals into core workflows it can deliver 50% of traffic.
– Email accounts for 5% traffic (understandable) but the ROI is through the roof at 3800%, although warm emails is the key.
– Social media – In terms of traffic YouTube trumps Facebook.
– PPC sends 1.7% of traffic and can be overtaken by Competition with deep pockets.
This is one comprehensive overview and will likely leave you with a lot to think.
Where I learnt this #424
The Best Marketing Channels for SaaS Traffic in 2020 [Data]