Looking around for attributes while building great Saas teams I came across this post by Brad Feld (Oct 2017). He writes about a Keynote by Scot Dorsey the founder of ExactTarget (sold to SalesForce for $2.5Bn in 2013) and currently the Managing Partner of High Alpha, a venture studio for next generation Enterprise Cloud companies.
Brad Feld thinks highly of Scot Dorsey and recommends you follow him for learning. Interestingly of the 5 attributes (#5 looks like a Scot Dorsey favorite, I found another keynote on YouTube where he talks about #5 ideas in Sales). The interesting thing was point 2. Recognize that you are Always learning. Rings a bell?
So here are the 5 attributes to be a great Saas leader. You may want to read both Brad Feld’s blog and the report in Teknovation (Links in the fist comment).
* Start with the end in mind. (Remember Simon Sinek’s – Start with ‘Why’?).
* Recognize that you are always learning. “You’re never too successful or old to learn,” he said.
* Value your team and culture above everything. “The culture is always evolving,” Dorsey noted.
* Be optimistic but never satisfied.
* Give back; (or as Brad Feld says ‘Give First’!).
Where I learnt it #204