In my post on sales on 14th Feb I wrote about the Buyer study conducted by Steve W Martin. Steve teaches at the Marshall Business School, author of the Heavy Hitter series, advised companies like Google, IBM and PayPal and an expert in *Sales Linguistics.
He highlights 7 reasons why salespeople don’t close deals:
1. They are not trusted or respected. The study above showed on 18% had the advantage of being trusted as advisors.
2. They cannot converse effectively with senior executives – less than 1 of 3 can effectively hold their own in a conversation.
3. They cannot articulate the buyers benefits from their products, only 54% can clearly explain the impact of their product on buyers business.
4. Self centered – focused the sale they want to make.
5. Use of wrong selling strategy.
6. No effort to alleviate the risk of buying their solution – primary reason a purchase process is abandoned is because the salesperson hasn’t de-risked the transaction for the buyer.
7. No personal connection with the buyer.
This is evident from the recent study which reported that the Sales prediction accuracy is under 50%.
What are your top reasons for sales not closing?
7 Reasons Salespeople Don’t Close the Deal https://hbr.org/2017/08/7-reasons-salespeople-dont-close-the-deal#comment-section
In case you missed this last time: B2B Buyer Research Reveals Key Mistakes Salespeople Make https://stevewmartin.com/buyers-report-whats-wrong-with-salespeople/