In the Smarter with Gartner series, Jordan Bryan recently summarized shifted realities vis a vis B2B Buyers. Although popular discourse amongst the leaders in the sales/sales training industry would like to believe otherwise, the Buyer has actually changed. Here are the headlines :
1. Millennials, who are increasingly joining the buying groups and influencing decisions are skeptical of sales reps and their claims.
2. Customers have access to a lot more accurate information than before, delaying direct interaction with suppliers.
3. The buying group is extremely diverse – coming from a wide variety of roles, teams and locations.
4. Buying is no longer a linear process.
5. Customers look for helpful information.
The whole article has links to additional material. This one definitely gives pointers to what we should be looking out for.
What Sales Should Know About B2B Buyers in 2019 https://gtnr.it/2GhyZWg