Alli McKee, founder of Stick and folks at Gong did a research on what makes a great sales presentation. Stick interviewed 200+ top sales and marketing professionals to come up with 9 presentation points that they swear by. Not surprisingly, Alli’s piece starts with the Andy Raskin formula :
To build a powerful Sales presentation –
- Start with change
- Demonstrate to your audience their pain
- Share a Glimpse of the gain (Promised Land)
- Provide proof
Part two is focused on the delivery process. These are things you should be knowing by heart but since Alli researched this piece I will believe (unbelievably) that we need to reiterate these :
- Replace Text with visuals
- Keep it to 9 minutes (remember the 10,20,30 rule Guy Kawasaki espoused years back? Well attention span is down since then)
- Author Your own Content (this is to establish yourself as an expert). I would like to know how many of you are doing it already?
The piece follows its own advice and is very well illustrated, very engaging in style and deep in substance. If you are yet to attempt your deck with the Andy Raskin formula this article can actually help you along the way.