SEMRush hosted their maiden marketing show in Bangalore which was surprisingly well attended despite being a fully paid event. The very first presentation was by Olga Andrienko, Head of Global Marketing on The State of Content Marketing Report 2019.
Here are the key takeaways from the talk :
1. Users are driving the conversation and intrusive irrelevant ads don’t work anymore
2. Always think of the distribution channels before creating the content If it is txt it’s Google.
3. Create Content with Users and search engines in mind from the very first word.
4. Aim for text that is 800 words long, suitable for a 15 year olds understanding, with reading time of 3 mins.
5. Look for low hanging fruits – long tail keywords.
If your site is not ranking well, you should find websites with UGC and submit articles to leverage their rankings and push your content to your target audience. Another – when you share your content in your Linkedin, Social accounts or news letters etc. you are essentially reaching folks who already know you. If you need to expand your audience content and SEO is the way.
Where I learnt this #339
The State of Content Marketing Report 2019