Saastr Founder Jason M. Lemkin shared lessons learned from focusing on Social growth and here are the highlights.
1. For anything to make a difference you need to put it on your top 5 (or Top 3) priorities.
2. While repurposing content is a great idea (GaryV) Channels behave differently. Some of them will plateau. Instagram or Snapchat may not be really that critical for B2B growth.
3. Growing the Email list (and maintaining it through changes and shifts) is key for real engagement.
4. Podcasts grow – but how? No one really knows (echoed by Alex Blumberg while speaking with Guy Raz in a recent (Oct’19) NPR podcast How I Built this – about Gimlet Media).
5. People learn differently – so making content available in different formats (not only platforms like Twitter or LinkedIn) is critical. Saastr launched a University with a a wonderful social component.
Check out the post and the University. It is quite rewarding.
Where I learnt this #380
SaaStr Crosses 1,000,000 Social Followers. Lessons Learned.