Sometimes it is the only plausible way to make it. Everyone knows the Slack story – Slack is the outcome of a Pivot the team headed by Stewart Butterfield made while trying to develop a successful video game titled ‘Glitch’.
Angela Yee, co-host of The Breakfast Club has her story to share which should make you consider a Pivot if your current plan is not making a headway.
She spoke with Amy Morin at Inc. and here is her formula –
– Deal with the Emotional Attachment – this is the most difficult one – to let go
– Ensure you have a great product
– Get the right people on the bus
– Learn from those who pivoted into the new model ( discuss business model as much as the product)
– Hire a consultant ( or better still find a mentor) for objective advice
– Press Pause and Pivot
Less than 5 min read. Could change the course of your business.
Where I learnt this #400
Angela Yee’s Advice Might Be the Key to Improving Your Own Business Model