Userpilot recently released an infographic “The 2020 State of SaaS Product Onboarding”. They looked at 1000 SaaS products and covered a lot of ground. Here are some telling stats (that you could benchmark your SaaS against)
– 86% B2B brands offered Free Trail (73% B2C offered freemium)
– 40% SaaS products did not have a welcome screen for new users
– only 16% SaaS products used video messaging in their app, only 24% included interactive walkthrough and 29% used a product tour to show users around.
– 37% B2B SaaS had frictionless sign-up
– Only 56% had a checklist guiding to the Aha! moment
– 48% personalised onboarding (mentioning name, designation. company etc)
– Only 35% of tools asked for goals and used that to personalize the onboarding
– 12% sent emails based on in-app triggers within the first 60 mins of signing up
– 95% used analytics to track engagement (why am I not surprised?)
– 28% used customer events to trigger onboarding
I recommend you read the report as it is very well embellished with what the findings mean and what to do about them in case you believe you need to fix your own stats related to these findings and more.
Where I learnt this #401
The 2020 State of SaaS Product Onboarding