I was looking at the 2019 update on SaaS industry – highlights written by Myya Daigle, published in ‘For Entrepreneurs’ blog by David Skok. The report is by KBCM Technology Group and headed by David Spitz.
424 companies participated with a median $8.7 ARR and 97 companies above $25m.
– Median growth +40%, FTE – 90, Customers – 300, ACV $28K and 65% HQ in the US.
– When it comes to sales, companies with 10M ARR Field Sales contribute double (54%) compared to Inside Sales (28%).
– Sales through Self-serve also differs – 9% for Small and 2% for large companies; Channel : 4% for both.
– Marketing is ± 30% of the S&M costs.
– Median Blended CAC payback is in 17 months ; for new customers 20 months.
– Gross profit marking on just Subscription / SaaS revenue is 78%.
– AWS YOY growth as the delivery platform declined for the first time since 2015 (64% to 58%)
– Professional Services median was 9.8% of 1st year revenue
– Sales commission disparity remained high between Field and Inside sales roles.
If you know your SaaS numbers, here is what you can benchmark to. Take a deep dive and it would be one educative ride.
Where I learnt this #358
KeyBanc Capital Markets SaaS Resource Library
2019 SAAS Private Survey Results- Part 1