First Round Capital released their State of Startups 2019 Report with 3600 submissions of information creating 190,000 + data points. This year’s survey included employees besides Founders covering 950 companies.
Top findings :
– 66% of Founders think we are in a tech bubble.
– 44% believed it will be harder to raise funds in 2020
– Gender bias is all pervasive for employees and founders both
– 50% Founders do not trust Glassdoor, 80% Employees do.
– only 10% employees say cash is king. 55% look for making an impact.
– Remote work is still not trusted by Founder
– Community is the new moat – 80% Founders were engaged in building communities.
99% Invisible is one of the many podcasts being listened to. Not a single one on Sales. Newsletters books read primarily focused on VC, Startups and Management. Not a single one on Sales. That is kind of indicative of a major problem with Startup mindset.
Hardest hire – Sales leader (see some connection?); Why folks should join their co? – Potential for future growth (ESOP value?) – see the disconnect? 35.7 % fell short of last quarter revenue target. More data in the first comment.
Where I learnt this #357
State of the Startups