Pendo.io and Product Collective released their 3rd Annual The State of Product Leadership Report was based on a Survey of over 600 companies with 69% being in the B2B space, of which 33% are SaaS and 27% Hybrid SaaS provider. Here are some of the highlights:
1. PM’s with advanced training made headway in the career path.
2. More than 50% report into a CPO but report low job satisfaction.
3. Vast majority of product people see thier companies as product led.
4. Key challenges are product roadmap prioritization and customer onboarding.
5. Product leaders see close alignment with customer success but belive the relationship is weak.
6. Product leaders believe they are data driven
7. Product usage and feature adoption are now the north star measures of product success unlike revenue ( 2017) and feature delivery (2018).
With the rise of ‘Product Led’ operations and growth this report provides unique insights that we should acquaint ourselves. Both for data and for benchmarking agains the industry reality.
Where I learnt this #390
The State of Product Leadership 2020 Edition