What is buyer enablement? A discussion hosted by Product Marketing Community featuring Michele Buckley (Research Director, Gartner) Tim Riesterer (Chief Strategy Officer, Corporate Visions) and Fred Studer (then CMO, FinancialForce, now CMO TIBCO) dived deep into the subject and here are the highlights :
– Sales Conversion (or the lack of it) is an increasingly growing issue in all organisations. No two companies have the same buying process.
– Enabling buyers with tools that help create their internal business case and ROI certainly helps the process.
– Unified messaging is key. What marketing promised must be followed up and delivered by Sales and fulfillment teams.
– In order to be successful, you have to appeal to two distinct decision-making cycles: an emotional cycle and a logical cycle – Tim Riesterer.
– 6 key buying stages need to be traversed : problem identification, solution exploration, requirements building, validation, supplier selection, and consensus creation.
It is a great primer on the changes in the buying selling landscape. A webinar is available to help get into the depth. If you are a marketer or sales person this is a great resource.
Where I learnt this # 276
Help Buyers Buy