HBR published its list of management lessons from 2019. Here is a quick peek:
1. Timebox your to do list : “convert your to-do list into blocks of time on your calendar, so you have a plan for what to do and when”.
2. Develop critical thinking abilities – “there are several things you can do to hone your critical thinking skills. First, question your assumptions,Second, poke at the logic, Third, seek out fresh perspectives”.
3. Persuasive presentations use Ethos, logos, Pathos, Metaphor and Brevity
4. Stop obsessing over past mistakes
5. Stop talking to listen
6. Prepare before a tough conversation
7. Instill purpose of work in you team
There are more ideas. Each of the above points are illustrated with examples and if you want to read more, ‘there is a book on it’. I found this an inspiring piece, as one thinks about the next decade which is now less than a week away.
Spend 5 mins to read it.
Where I learnt this #361
Our Favorite Management Tips from 2019