The Low Touch Sales Model of Atlassian
First see this :
Jay Simons, President Atlassian was featured on the new Intercom Podcast, Scale, speaking with Geoffrey Keating and shared some great insights behind their philosophy and success.
1. Focus on building a ‘Remarkable’ product – one which is ‘remark’ worthy.
2. Word of mouth is a by product of creating a meaningful flywheel that ‘begins with a great product that solves meaningful problems for customers’ while removing much of the friction from the customers path.
3. Low touch sales model works in the 21st century – ‘We’ve shifted from a supplier’s world – …to a world of infinite supply where buyers have all the power.’
4. Transparent pricing gets cost out of the way of decision making.
5. ‘Your business model is factored around your (product and) market, and how you want to reach that market’.
“Jay’s advice is clear: ‘… you first need to understand who your target customer is and what it takes to attract them.”
If you are in SAAS this is your best 19 minute investment this week.
How Atlassian built a $20 billion company with no sales team https://bit.ly/2un6WNp